It’s a little different from our normal focus, but when @rat_9 first got in touch to explain the concept behind this album I knew we’d be involved in some form or other.
'Around The World In 80 Riddims' is the producer's take on world music but from a bass-led perspective. The 12 track album features music inspired by Europe, Africa, Asia and the Americas and will be available through us here at FatKidOnFire on 16/12/13…
"Around The World In 80 Riddims: a collection of raw sounds from my main inspirations around the world, presented in my point of view. Each song marks a story, a memory or an ideology either musically or culturally, that has somehow marked my identity as a musician/producer. It’s been a long journey, but finally all the collected bits and pieces fell into place to form this album; a tribute.
"Thank you for listening."
1. Rat - Intro: Shadows
2. Rat - As I Am (Miracles)
3. Rat - Into Orbit
4. Rat - Interlude 1 (Taximi)
5. Rat - Koto
6. Rat - Put Out That Fire
7. Rat - Round Trip
8. Rat - Interlude 2 (Crash Landing)
9. Rat - The March
10. Rat - Interlude 3 (From Chicago To New Orleans)
11. Rat - Missing Element
12. Rat - Outro: Acoustic Dub
The FKOF review:
"As delayed effects vanish behind the audial horizon, smooth synths slowly gather strength to release a gigantic amount of energy. A vibrant yet mellow setting is constructed through Guts’ original vocal hook describing the meaning of love. The vocal projects an oasis of peace and unity, really capturing the human emotion.
"Nibé’s break acts a clear reminder of his twist on the original, with the keys representing peaks of perfection on a completely new level. The subtle and off-beat half-step groundwork continues to punch with the second drop, as the vibrancy returns to envelop the listener in warm subs. This is a truly beautiful remix from Lutetia Dubz’ Nibé - and we’re proud to be able to give it a home."
Not much else to add to the above. A truly stunning remix!
Download the 320 here: www.mediafire.com/download/e0evnj3zei1ezgq
Buy the original here: itunes.apple.com/gb/album/paradis…-all/id505463643
1. Nguzunguzu - Skycell
—Quest - Dubfoot
—Guido - Same Road
2. Kaiju - Clang (edit)
—J:Kenzo - Magneto (Feel It)
3. Om Unit - Deep Sea Pyramid (edit)
4. Truant - Bristol Beat
5. Guido - Kalm
6. Coki - Haunted
—Thelem - Petrichor
7. Truant - Luv 2 Bleep v Midnight Request Line
8. Quest - Visitors
9. Joker - Arabian Nights
10. Guido ft. Emma Lou - Letting Go
11. DJ Funk - High Frequency
12. DJ Q & AC Slater - Oh Yeah
13. Coki - Voodoo Dolls
14. Thelem - Synthetic Artifacts
15. Truant - Warehouse Sound
16. Special Request - Broken Dreams
17. Nguzunguzu - Mecha
18. Treble Clef - Blue Slimzz
19. Sam Binga - 8Barr (edit)
20. Special Request - Lockjaw
21. Clouds - Future 1
22. Randomer - Ruffa
23. Coki - Chicken Bop
24. Adrian Sherwood & Pinch - Music Killer (edit)
25. Dom & Roland - Outta Endz
26. Blu Mar Ten - Half The Sky
27. Stray - Matchsticks
28. Kid Drama - In Mind
29. Flying Lotus ft. Niki Rand - The Kill
He’s back and he’s as good as ever. FKOF resident DJ @c-tee's celebrating the 140 sounds as only he can…
1. Wayfarer - Afterlight
2. Wayfarer - Azuma
3. Wayfarer - Zeg
4. Wayfarer - Nomad
"We thought it’d be worth ending FKOFd’s 2013 with a producer we’ve been fans of through the end of one alias and the birth of another. Nottingham’s AKX first caught our attention with his deeper productions under the Gutcha moniker, but it was Arion Oates’ move to the more ambient side of 140 that really caused us to sit up and take note.
"Although FKOFd003 is AKX’s debut EP, the release’s four tunes demonstrate just how talented the producer is - and how polished his sound has become. With sounds reminiscent of early Kahn and Jamie XX but very much with his own flavour, AKX opens the EP with the short but sweet ‘Part One (Sunlight)’, a track that evokes summer strolls through sunshine-speckled woodland. Fan favourites ‘Define’ and ‘Dragonfly’ step things up a notch while staying true to Arion’s signature sound. Last but definitely not least, ‘Tiger Eye’ brings the release to a close with a lively and progressive vibe that still manages to pack an inviting sub-driven warmth."
Read more: http://fatkidonfire.com/news/fkofd003
Introducing Dubs Alive Records »
1. Dubsworth ft. Tapa - Clouded [dub]
2. Rozi - Don’t Forget It [dub]
3. AxH - Beast [forthcoming Dubs Alive/FKOF]
4. The Spit Brothers - Single Coil (Dubsworth remix) [DAV010]
5. AxH - Boulevard Stroll (N-Type remix) [forthcoming Dubs Alive]
6. Echo Wanderer - Hallucination Dub [dub]
7. Peek - Silk [DAV014]
8. Modi Bardo ft. Satta Don Dadda - The Coolie Rockers Remix [DAV013]
9. Anex & Trashbat - Gun Man [forthcoming TUBA]
10. Subtle Mind - Sand Snake [forthcoming TUBA]
11. CIVILIANSOUND! - Civilize [DAV011]
12. Bakir - Writer’s Block [dub]
13. Enhance - Abstract Thinking [forthcoming Dubs Alive]
14. Goosensei - Interrupt [forthcoming Dubs Alive]
15. AxH - Big System Blues [forthcoming Dubs Alive/FKOF]
16. SBVRSV - Utopian Nation [forthcoming Dubs Alive]
17. Prism - Her [dub]
18. Dubsworth & Tapa - Clave Maria [dub]
19. Dub Gabriel - Luv n’ Liv (Ming vs. Subatomic Sound System remix) [Raggabass Resistance]
20. OSC - Nice Up [dub]
Bringing a solid selection of DA releases, dubs and forthcoming bits - as well as a few new cheeky FKOF free downloads - this is definitely a recommended download!
Following on from our chart-topping debut release from @dubfreqcob, FKOFd002 takes us back to the sounds FatKidOnFire is best known for with FKOF fam @subreachers and fellow Belgian producer @11th_Hour.
FKOFd002 drops 02/11/13 (exclusive to Juno for two weeks) and is available from all other good electronic retailers from 16/11/13.
1. Subreachers - Fear
2. Subreachers - Hanbo
3. Subreachers - Icrecrack
4. Subreachers & 11th Hour - Immortal
"For FKOFd002 we’re heading back to our roots, and the sound FatKidOnFire is most known for, with one of our all-time favourite producers. We’ve been fans of Subreachers for many years, so it made perfect sense for us to follow Dubfreq’s FKOFd001 release with the Belgian producer.
"We discovered ‘Fear’ in Subreacher’s first FKOF mix in late 2011; a gargantuan tune that’s been locked away for as long as we’ve known about it. It’s been championed by the likes of N-Type on his Rinse FM show and we’re delighted to finally be able to give it a home. ‘Hanbo’ and ‘Icecrack’ bring more of the Subreachers signature sound, full of complex rhythms and rolling subs. FKOFd002 closes with the first collaboration on the label, a mammoth production between Subreachers and fellow countryman 11th Hour."